LifeCalls: A Ministry to Foster Faithfulness
LifeCalls fosters faithfulness by facilitating spiritual and material supports needed to provide Spirit-led services (ministries). LifeCalls focuses on the following projects:
Co-founding and administering Releasing Ministry Alliance, a website and human network to publicize and resource ministries.
Educating about spiritual accountability practices that help us hear and follow Spirit's call, with particular focus when practiced mutually in small groups or in association with one's faith communities.
Supporting ministry among Friends, in the U.S., India, and elsewhere, to offer stronger, spiritually-centered social witness.
LifeCalls is presently called to:
- Grow Releasing Ministry Alliance's networks and services so the many good works and people it supports thrive.
- Facilitate the learning and practice of a peer group process and related tools, so participants receive support and guidance as they discern and follow a call/ leading. This includes a variety of workshops: 5 consecutive days, 3 one-day sessions over 6 months with interim small group practice, 2 weekends supported by small group practice and on-line learning over several months, and interactive program varying from 1-6 hours.
- Gather with some marginalized peoples to kindle covenant community, including people of color, women,and LGBTQ+.
- Offer spiritual guidance/ direction, particularly with individuals or groups uniting social action and spirituality.
Viv Hawkins has offered a wide variety of workshops and led groups to travel in India, practices as a life coach, is certified by Sisters of Mercy (Cranaleith Spiritual Center) as a spiritual director, holds an MBA in leadership, and has worked or volunteered with numerous for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. Viv and friends engage this ministry under the care of Green Street Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends, which endorses this ministry and has spiritually supported it since June 2019. That is when Viv transferred her membership and care of ministry from Central Philadelphia Monthly Meeting, which had care of the ministry and offered spiritual and financial support since 2005.
Feel free to inquire about services for your faith community or spiritual guidance for yourself or a loved one. friendviv2(at)gmail(dot)com
Details about LifeCalls past activities and various resources are available here
Mutual Accountability Group
LifeCalls is presently under the care of Green Street Monthly Meeting. Prior to June 2019, LifeCalls was spiritually and materially supported since 2005 by Central Philadelphia Monthy Meeting (CPMM), a Quaker congregation, through its Committee on Gifts and Leadings. A LifeCalls' minute of religious service, approved by CPMM and endorsed by Philadelphia Quarterly and Yearly Meetings, follows. This same minute was approved by GSMM during its June 2019 meeting for business:
GSMM appoints a spiritual accountability group, offers fiscal sponsorship, and provides other supports.
Serving on the current mutual accountability group (MAG) are Lynda Black, Lola Georg, and .O. The MAG meets approximately monthly to support and hold accountable the ministries of the MAG members. The MAG reports annually, in-person and by written report to Green Street Monthlly Meeting's meeting for business. When under the care of CPMM, the group reported annually to both the Committee on Gifts and Leadings and to meeting for business.
Minute of Religious Service for LifeCalls
The link above leads to a PDF of the 2014 minute of religious service approved by Central Philadelphia Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends, endorsed by Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting, and later approved for endorsement by Philadelphia Yearly Meeting. In June of 2019, Viv transferred her membership and care of LifeCalls to Green Street Friends Meeting which approved the same minute of religious service.
Please pray for LifeCalls and the people this minstry serves.
LifeCalls receives contributions to defray expenses related to the ministry, such as for travel in the ministry, gathering fees, and expenses related to Releasing Ministry Alliance.
- Checks should be made payable to GSMM (Green Street Monthly Meeting), mark in the memo line “LifeCalls” and mailed to GSMM, 45 W School House Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19144
- On-line contributions for Releasing Ministry Alliance presently flow through The Shalom Center’s PayPal account and are charged a fiscal sponsor fee.
Both GSMM and The Shalom Center are 501(c)3 organizations so your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Feel free to inquire about progam facilitation for your faith community or spiritual guidance for yourself or a loved one. friendviv2(at)gmail(dot)com
Assistance while traveling
LifeCalls ministers sometimes benefit from the following assistance when traveling:
- Home hospitality
- Eldering services
- Friendly company
Support Releasing Ministry Alliance
Donate to help build this awesome website and co-create the human network.
Donate to Releasing Ministry Alliance
via our fiscal sponsor, the Shalom Center