Releasing Ministry Alliance
Releasing Ministry Alliance is a website and a human network. Our purposes are to:
- publicize ministries and
- offer a platform to share resources which needed for Spirit-led services (ministries).
Through Releasing Ministry Alliance:
- people offering Spirit-led services (ministers) can publicize their ministry and request resources to advance it
(financial contributions, prayer support, accompaniment in ministry, and logistical support to ease travel);
- people seeking ministry can explore and contact ministers; and
- people wishing to support ministry can learn of and provide the resources needed.
Releasing Ministry Alliance is available free-of-charge to all these people.
Donations to Releasing Ministry Alliance operations are tax-deductible through Green Street Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (checks) and The Shalom Center (on-line contributions), both 501(c)3 not-for-profits.
Mutual Accountability Group
Releasing Ministry Alliance is a project of both LifeCalls ministry and the ministry of Vonn New.
LifeCalls is carried by Viv Hawkins and friends, sponsored by (in Quaker parlance, under the care of) Green Street Monthly Meeting (GSMM). Vonn's ministry is under the care of Bullshead/ Oswego Friends Meeting of New York Yearly Meeting.
GSMM has appointed an accountability group which meets approximately monthly. Annual reports are brought for consideration to that congregation's business meeting open to the full congregational membership. The minute of religious service describing the ministry was approved by GSMM in June 2019 and had been earlier approved by CPMM and endorsed, in 2014, by Philadelphia Quarterly and Yearly Meetings.
The need for a separately incorporated 501(c)3 organization for Releasing Ministry Alliance is under consideration, while the website and human network grow and evolve. In the meantime, fiscal sponsorship is provided by GSMM (all but on-line contributions) and The Shalom Center (on-line contributions).
Minute of support for Releasing Ministry Alliance
This minute was approved by Central Philadelphia Monthly Meeting. Similar minutes were approved by various other congregations in Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting and by Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting.
Please pray for Releasing Ministry Alliance’s human network and website, for particular ministries, and for everyone touched by the ministries we list.
Releasing Ministry Alliance charges no fees for services and is largely volunteer-run. But we have expenses. Contributions to our operations pay for website development, hosting fees, outreach costs, and miscellaneous operational expenses.
- Checks are made payable to GSMM (Green Street Monthly Meeting), mark in the memo line “LifeCalls-Releasing Ministry Alliance,” and mailed to GSMM, 45 W School House Ln, Philadelphia, PA 19144.
- On-line contributions presently flow through The Shalom Center’s PayPal account and are charged a fiscal sponsor fee.
Both GSMM and The Shalom Center are 501(c)3 organizations so your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Note: Contributions to participating ministries go to the PayPal account established by the minister and are untouched by Releasing Ministry Alliance. See the particular ministry for guidance regarding tax-deductibility.
To grow the network, we invite referrals in our three constituencies (Spirit-led service providers, seekers, and supporters). Please share our website with these people or send us contact information.
We seek people with expertise in the following areas critical to our operations:
- Communications: promotional writing, layout and design, social media campaigning
- Financial: non-profit tax filing, internal auditing
- Fundraising: prospect leads, funding research, grant proposal writing, soliciting donors
- Board development: strategic planning, multicultural consulting, board training
Support Releasing Ministry Alliance
Donate to help build this awesome website and co-create the human network.