Releasing Ministry Alliance fosters web and human networks to publicize and obtain resources for sacred services to which one is called - ministry. For the smooth operation of this service, certain legal matters apply and this Agreement describes them.
Description of Service
The Service allows certain users (“Ministers”) to publicize and receive resources toward their sacred services (“Ministries”), other users (“Supporters”) to browse Ministries and contribute funds or needed services to specific Ministries, and still other users (“Inviters”) to browse Ministries and invite their services in their communities. Ministers may, but are not required to, offer incentives or other premium gifts to Supporters of their Ministries (“Premiums”). Ministers, Supporters, Inviters, and other users accessing information on the Site shall be deemed “Users.” Users may be able to submit various content to the Site, including, but not limited to, videos, photographs, images, artwork, graphics, audio clips, comments, data, text, software, scripts, other material and information, and associated trademarks and copyrightable works (collectively, “Content”).
Right to Modify
Releasing Ministry Alliance reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace this Agreement at any time by posting the updated terms on the Site or by sending an email. Such changes shall be effective upon the earlier of thirty (30) days following update on the Site or email notification of same. For new users the changes will be effective immediately. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes constitutes your immediate acceptance of those changes.
Releasing Ministry Alliance reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the Service at any time for any reason. Releasing Ministry Alliance may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability.
Ministers must be at least 18 years of age (and at least the legal age required to enter into a contract in their jurisdiction) to use the Service. Other users must be at least 18 years of age (and at least the legal age required to enter into a contract in their jurisdiction) or have the permission of a parent or guardian in order to use the Service. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you comply with the above requirements, and that all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful. Releasing Ministry Alliance may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Service is revoked in those jurisdictions.
Rules and Conduct
You may not use the Service for any purpose that is prohibited by the Agreement or by any applicable law or regulation.
The Service is provided only for your own personal, non-commercial use. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Service. You shall not, and shall not permit any third party using your account to, take any action with respect to the Service that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right of any other person or entity, or violates any law or contract;
- you know, or reasonably should know, is false, misleading, or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious, obscene, offensive, profane, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, including “junk mail”, “spam”, or “chain letters”;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit, or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information of Releasing Ministry Alliance or any third party;
- is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Releasing Ministry Alliance.
Additionally, you shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Releasing Ministry Alliance in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Releasing Ministry Alliance or its third-party providers; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (iii) bypass any measures Releasing Ministry Alliance may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Service); (iv) run Maillist, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Service; or (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site.
You shall not directly or indirectly copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations.
Ministers agree to not abuse other users’ personal information. Abuse is defined as using personal information for any purpose other than those explicitly specified in the Ministry description, or is not related to fulfilling delivery of a product or service explicitly specified in the Ministry description.
Certain content on the site may be viewed without registering. However, as a condition of using the Service, you may be required to create an account. You shall provide accurate, complete, and updated information. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of the Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of your account. You shall not use as a Username, domain name, or project name any name or term that (i) is the name of another person, with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) is subject to any rights of another person, without appropriate authorization; or (iii) is offensive, vulgar, or obscene. Releasing Ministry Alliance reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse registration of, or cancel, a Username, domain name, or project name. You are solely responsible for activity that occurs on your account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password for the Site. You shall never use another User account without the other User’s express permission. You will immediately notify Releasing Ministry Alliance in writing of any unauthorized use of your account, or other known account-related security breach.
Ministries: Fundraising and Commerce
By creating a Ministry, the Minister is offering the public the opportunity to enter into a contract. By funding or inviting a Ministry, the Supporter or Inviter is accepting the office of the Minister and contract between Supporter or Inviter and Minister is thereby formed. Releasing Ministry Alliance is not a party to the contract. All dealings are solely between Minister and Supporter or Minister and Inviter.
By creating and/or funding a Ministry, you agree to be bound by this entire Agreement, including the following terms:
- Supporters agree to provide their payment information at the time they contribute to a project.
- Supporters consent to Releasing Ministry Alliance and its payment partners authorizing a charge on their credit card or other payment method for an amount up to the full contribution.
- Supporters agree to have sufficient funds available at the time of their contribution to ensure that the funds will be collectible.
- Once a contribution is made, it cannot be cancelled by the Supporter.
- For contributions toward Ministries, Releasing Ministry Alliance additionally gives to the Minister each Supporter’s name and email and any other personal information necessary for the Minister to fulfill any offered Premiums.
- Releasing Ministry Alliance does not offer refunds. A Minister is not required to grant a Supporter’s request for a refund unless the Ministry is unable or unwilling to fulfill the Premium.
- Ministers are required to fulfill all Premiums of their Ministries or refund any Supporter whose Premium they do not or cannot fulfill.
- Ministers may cancel or refund a Supporter’s pledge at any time and for any reason, and if they do so, are not required to fulfill the Premium.
- Because of occasional failures of payments from Supporters, Releasing Ministry Alliance cannot guarantee the receipt by Ministers of the amounts contributed.
- Releasing Ministry Alliance’s payment processing occurs through a third-party vendor, which will remove their fees before transmitting proceeds of a Ministry.
- Releasing Ministry Alliance reserves the right to cancel a contribution to Releasing Ministry Alliance at any time and for any reason.
- Releasing Ministry Alliance reserves the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend a Ministry at any time and for any reason. Releasing Ministry Alliance is not liable for any damages as a result of any of those actions. Releasing Ministry Alliance’s policy is not to comment on the reasons for any of those actions.
- Ministers should not take any action in reliance on having their Ministry posted on the Site or having any of the money contributed until they have the ability to withdraw and spend the money. There may be a delay between the contribution and access to the funds.
Releasing Ministry Alliance is not liable for any damages or loss incurred related to Premiums or any other use of the Service. Releasing Ministry Alliance is under no obligation to become involved in disputes between any Users, or between Users and any third party arising in connection with the use of the Service. This includes, but is not limited to, delivery of goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with Ministries on the Site. Releasing Ministry Alliance does not oversee the performance or punctuality of Ministries. Releasing Ministry Alliance does not endorse any User submissions, activity or Content. You hereby release Releasing Ministry Alliance, its officers, directors, members, employees, agents, and successors from any claims, damages, and demands of every kind, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and to the Service or the Site.
Fees and Payments
Creating an account on Releasing Ministry Alliance is free. Releasing Ministry Alliance does not presently charge a fee of any kind. Releasing Ministry Alliance reserves the right to establish and charge fees in the future with 30 days notice to existing Users.
However, for the processing of funds, Releasing Ministry Alliance will use an outside third party processor. The third party processor charges a vendor processing service fee comprised of a percentage of the contribution amount plus a per transaction charge. All fees are withdrawn from each transactionby the third party processor. The third party processor’s fees and commissions are subject to change without notice from us. A PayPal account created by a minister receiving contributions is the form of current third party processor. Please see https://www.paypal.com for its terms and conditions of use
The Site’s online donations will be visible to Ministers receiving the donation but will not be publicly available on the internet for all to see, including search engines like Google and Yahoo.
The Service may permit you to link to other websites or resources on the internet, and other websites or resources may contain links to the Service. When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. Those other websites are not under Releasing Ministry Alliance’s control, and you acknowledge that Releasing Ministry Alliance is not liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness, or any other aspect of those other websites or resources. The inclusion on another website of any link to the Service does not imply endorsement by or affiliation with Releasing Ministry Alliance. You further acknowledge and agree that Releasing Ministry Alliance shall not be liable for any damage related to the use of any content, goods, or services available through any third-party website or resource. We encourage you to be aware of, and read, the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party website that is in any way linked to or from the Service.
License to Company Content
You agree that the Service contains Content provided by Releasing Ministry Alliance, including its partners, and by Users. All such Content may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Service. All trademarks, logos and service marks contained on the Service are our property or the property of third-parties. Third-parties are permitted to use the Releasing Ministry Alliance logo to encourage users to visit the Releasing Ministry Alliance website, however the logo may not be changed or altered in any way, no text or other material can accompany or be associated with the logo in any way that is false or misleading, and use of the logo is subject to Releasing Ministry Alliance’s sole right to terminate its use for any reason. Except as otherwise permitted by this Agreement, you are not permitted to use any mark without the prior written consent of the party who owns that mark.
Releasing Ministry Alliance hereby grants to our Users a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use and reproduce any Content, solely for personal, non-commercial use. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution, or storage of any Content for other than personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without prior written permission from Releasing Ministry Alliance, or from the copyright holder. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third-party right.
By submitting Content, you agree to the following terms:
- Releasing Ministry Alliance will not have any ownership rights over your User Content.
- You hereby grant to Releasing Ministry Alliance the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to (and to allow others acting on its behalf to): (i) use, edit, modify, prepare derivative works of, reproduce, host, display, stream, transmit, playback, transcode, copy, feature, market, sell, distribute, and otherwise fully exploit your Content, including your trademarks, service marks, slogans, logos, and similar proprietary rights (collectively, the “Trademarks”) in connection with (a) the Service, (b) Releasing Ministry Alliance’s (and its successors’ and assigns’) businesses, (c) promoting, marketing, and redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) and the Service in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third-party websites); (ii) take whatever other action is required to perform and market the Service; (iii) allow its Users to stream, transmit, playback, download, display, feature, distribute, collect, and otherwise use the Content and Trademarks in connection with the Service; and (iv) use and publish, and permit others to use and publish, the Content, Trademarks, names, likenesses, and personal and biographical materials of you and the members of your ministry, in connection with the provision or marketing of the Service. The foregoing license grant to Releasing Ministry Alliance does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your Content, including the right to grant additional licenses to your Content.
- You are publishing your Content, and you may be identified publicly by your name or Username in association with your Content.
- You grant to each User a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such Content solely for personal, non-commercial use.
- You further agree that your Content will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant Releasing Ministry Alliance all of the license rights granted herein.
- You will pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity based on your publishing the Content on the Service.
- Your use or other exploitation of Content will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Releasing Ministry Alliance shall have the right to delete, edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, or translate any of your Content.
- All information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Site is the sole responsibility of the person from whom that content originated.
- Releasing Ministry Alliance will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any Content.
- Releasing Ministry Alliance cannot guarantee the identity of any other Users with whom you may interact while using the Service.
- All Content you access through the Service is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), Releasing Ministry Alliance has adopted a policy of, in appropriate circumstances, terminating User accounts that are repeat infringers of the intellectual property rights of others. Releasing Ministry Alliance also may terminate User accounts even based on a single infringement.
Releasing Ministry Alliance will remove infringing materials in accordance with the DMCA if properly notified that Content infringes copyright. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please submit a notification by emailing us at Info@ReleasingMinistry.org. Your email must contain the following information (please confirm these requirements with your legal counsel, or see the U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512(c) (3), for more information):
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, sufficient for Releasing Ministry Alliance to locate the material;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Under the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material is infringing or was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability. If you fail to comply with these notice requirements, your notification or counter-notification may not be valid.
Releasing Ministry Alliance may terminate your access to the Service, without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your account. If you wish to terminate your account, you may do so by following the instructions on the Site. Any fees paid to Releasing Ministry Alliance are non-refundable. All provisions of the Agreement that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
Releasing Ministry Alliance has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that Releasing Ministry Alliance has no duty to take any action regarding any of the following: which Users gain access to the Site; what Content Users access through the Site; what effects the Content may have on Users; how Users may interpret or use the Content; or what actions Users may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. Releasing Ministry Alliance cannot guarantee the authenticity of any data or information that Users provide about themselves or their Ministries and donations. You release Releasing Ministry Alliance from all liability for your having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site. The Site may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Releasing Ministry Alliance makes no representations concerning any Content on the Site, and Releasing Ministry Alliance is not liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained on the Service.
Releasing Ministry Alliance does not guarantee that any Content will be made available through the Service. Releasing Ministry Alliance has no obligation to monitor the Service or Content. Releasing Ministry Alliance reserves the right to, at any time, for any reason, and without notice: (i) cancel, reject, interrupt, remove, or suspend a Ministry; (ii) remove, edit, or modify any Content; and (iii) remove or block any User. Releasing Ministry Alliance reserves the right not to comment on the reasons for any of these actions.
The Service is provided “as is” and “as available” and is without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose, and any warranties implied by any course of performance or usage of trade, all of which are expressly disclaimed. Releasing Ministry Alliance, and its officers, directors, members, employees, agents, suppliers, partners, and content providers do not warrant that: (a) the Service will be secure or available at any particular time or location; (b) any defects or errors will be corrected; (c) any content or software available at or through the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; and (d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements. Your use of the Service is solely at your own risk. Some states or countries do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Electronic Communications Privacy Act Notice (18 USC §2701-2711): Releasing Ministry Alliance makes no guaranty of confidentiality or privacy of any communication or information transmitted on the Site or any website linked to the Site. Releasing Ministry Alliance will not be liable for the privacy of email addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other Content stored on Releasing Ministry Alliance’s equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with your use of the Service.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Releasing Ministry Alliance, its affiliates, and each of its and its affiliates’ employees, contractors, directors, officers, members, suppliers, and representatives from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and other legal costs, that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of, or access to, the Service and Content, violation of the Agreement, or infringement by you, or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. Releasing Ministry Alliance reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with Releasing Ministry Alliance in asserting any available defenses.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Releasing Ministry Alliance, nor its affiliates, nor its and its affiliates’ directors, officers, employees, members, agents, partners, suppliers, or content providers, be liable under contract, tort, strict liability, negligence, or any other legal or equitable theory with respect to the service (i) for any lost profits, data loss, cost of procurement of substitute goods or services, or special, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever, substitute goods or services (however arising), (ii) for any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or the like (regardless of the source of origination), or (iii) for any direct damages in excess of (in the aggregate) one hundred U.S. dollars ($100.00). Some states or countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
Accessing the Service is prohibited from territories where the Content is illegal. If you access the Service from other locations, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Electronic Delivery, Notice Policy, and Your Consent
By using the Services, you consent to receive from Releasing Ministry Alliance all communications including notices, agreements, legally required disclosures, or other information in connection with the Services (collectively, “Contract Notices”) electronically. Releasing Ministry Alliance may provide the electronic Contract Notices by posting them on the Site. If you desire to withdraw your consent to receive Contract Notices electronically, you must discontinue your use of the Services.
These Terms of Service (and any further rules, policies, or guidelines incorporated by reference) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, and without application of the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act or the United Nations Convention of Controls for International Sale of Goods. You agree that Releasing Ministry Alliance and its Services are deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over Releasing Ministry Alliance or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers or shareholders, either specific or general, in any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms, or your use or non-use of the Services, shall be filed only in the federal courts or state court in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. You hereby irrevocably waive any right you may have to trial by jury in any dispute, action, or proceeding.
Integration and Severability
The Agreement (and any further rules, policies, or guidelines incorporated by reference), are the entire agreement between you and Releasing Ministry Alliance with respect to the Service, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between you and Releasing Ministry Alliance with respect to the Service and govern the future relationship. If any provision of the Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
By using the Service, you consent to receive from Releasing Ministry Alliance all communications, including notices, agreements, legally required disclosures or other information in connection with this Agreement and the Service electronically. Releasing Ministry Alliance may provide such notice by email or by posting on the Site. If you desire to withdraw your consent to receive notices electronically, you must discontinue use of the Service.
Releasing Ministry Alliance shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where the failure results from any cause beyond Releasing Ministry Alliance’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic, or communications failure or degradation. The Agreementare personal to you, and are not assignable, transferable, or sublicensable by you except with Releasing Ministry Alliance’s prior written consent. Releasing Ministry Alliance may assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations hereunder without consent. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of the Agreement and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect. In any action or proceeding to enforce rights under the Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover costs and attorneys’ fees.